Sunday, June 23, 2013

Story by Lindsay's for Suzanne Collins Part 2 of 3 (4 Chapters)

Part 2 of 3

Chapter 1 "A new hope"
I sit watching waiting for five a clock, so the scores are live. "What time is it?" I ask my mother "4:59" I tense up, one minute left. "Welcome Panem to the scores" I hear Ceaser's voice on the TV and sit bolt upright my eyes glued to the screen. I sit restlessly through district one. "From district 2, Clove, with a score of nine" I hear his voice as it pauses "and from district two, Cato, with a score of" he pauses again "Ten" I flip out and start jumping on the couch, tuning out the TV. I have a new hope. Then I hear it "with a score of eleven" I turn to the screen just in time to see the face of the girl from twelve fading off the screen, i collapse on the couch, my suspicions were confirmed, an outline district…

an eleven.

Chapter 2 "The games begin"
"from now on two tributes can be crowned if both originate from the same district" Ceaser's voice erupts on the speakers, my focus turns to the screen, it shows Cato and Clove hugging and laughing like total idiots "Wooohooo" Cato screams, he pulls off his ring and hoists it in the air "Shadow we're coming home!" he yells I start laughing, Cato and Clove could both come home. I might get to marry Cato after all, my life isn't over, its not. "I love you Shadow" Cato yells into the cameras "I love you more" I ill to the screen, "I love you most" Cato finishes, he knows me to well. 

Chapter 3 "Gone with the girl"
I watch in dismay as Clove traces Katniss's face with her knife, talking on and on, I didn't want to see my cousin become a murderer, but I couldn't control her. Her voice became louder talking about the young girl that dyed. Rue. She'd attract attention soon, I saw the boy from eleven running up and I screamed. He picked up Clove and demanded to know about Rue, if she killed her, why she said her name. She screamed Cato's name and the boy slammed her into the tree, her body collapsed on the ground. *BOOM* "NOOOOOO" I cry out my mother and father come rushing in. "She's gone" I cry my parents comfort me as I cry, she is gone.

Chapter 4 "The last breath"
My hands tremble as I watch the fight with anticipation, Cato's sword spears Thresh's heart and he falls, now all he needs to do is kill Katniss and Peeta and then he can come home to me and we can live a happy life *BOOM* Thresh's canon. Then I hear the mutts, howling mutated dogs, Cato runs and climbs the cornucopia waiting for the mutts to chase Katniss and Peeta to him they arrive and the rest flys by, then it happens. Katniss shoots Cato's hand and he falls to the mutts below him, they start ripping at his flesh and I start balling my eyes out, I scream, he screams, he's being tortueed. Katniss takes pity on him and shoots him.

As he takes his final breath… part of my soul dies with him.


                                     *BOOM*

-end of part 2- 

No comments:

Post a Comment