Sunday, June 23, 2013

Story by Lindsay for Suzanne Collins Part 3 of 3 (4 Chapters)

Part 3 of 3

Chapter 1 "A new beginning"
I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I can't live with myself. I should have stopped him, I should have made him promise not to volunteer. Maybe it would have been better if we didn't live in two. I sit curled up in a ball on the couch in front of the TV. I watched his interview over and over again. "Do you have a special girl back home?" Ceaser's question burned in my mind "Yes." The response was simple then he paused "My fiancee" I shudder at the words "WEll then lets make sure you get home to her" Ceaser reassures him "yes, I am prepared, vicious I'm ready to go" his voice sounds. Or not, I can't help but think. "Honey you need to get up sooner or later" my mom tells me. I get up and shake myself off. I hesitantly switch the TV off. I will never love again, but I need to find a new beginning soon. 

Chapter 2 "The Victory Tour"
"Please welcome the victors of the 74th annual hunger games" I brace myself "Katniss and Peeta" They step out onstage, there are two shrines set up, one for Cato and one for Clove. "Will the families of the deceased please step forward and stand at your relatives shrine." Effies voice booms out, I step forward. Our family goes its separate ways and I move forward slowly and stand in between both shrines. "Which one is your family dear?" Effie asks me, I guess I look lost. "They are both my family" I say a tear forming at my cheek. "How?" she asks. "My cousin" I choke out the words "and my" I pause "fiancee" I choke out hardly audible. "Oh ok dear" she says simply. Katniss and Peeta give a speech and then we watch a recap of their win.I choke all over again and turn away from the screen. I can't watch this anymore. Soon Katniss and Peeta leave and the "show" is done. I stay by the shrines. First I visit Cloves "I miss youz' I say sadly I slowly open the coffin and see her lifeless form "I love you" I whisper and shut the lid. I move to Cato's shrine. I cry my eyes out "I love you" I say, "I love you more" I hear his voice in my head "I love you most" I slowly open the coffin his body was torn apart by mutts, so there was no body in the coffin. Instead his engagement ring sat on the satin lining. My heart breaks, I pick it up and slip it in my pocket. The lid slams shut and I sink down next t the coffin crying. I just can't do it. 

Chapter 3 "an understanding"
"I'm sorry" I hear the words and look up to the voice that spoke. It belonged to Katniss. "I am truly very sorry" She says again "You look like you would have been an amazing couple" she says "Thanks" I manage to choke out. "I know you probably hate me" she starts "No" I say "You did it for love and family" I say "I understand" I choke wiping my tears. She nods and pats my shoulder "Goodbye--" she pauses "Shadow" I finish for her "Goodbye Shadow" "Goodbye Katniss" I say and look down. 

We have an understanding.

Chapter 4 "Nobody There"
"Good morning cupcake" I hear his voice and smile "morning warrior" I whisper.                              My eyes flutter open. But there is
                                        Nobody There.

                                           *BOOM*
   I hear the canon  in my head and my heart breaks all over again, I will                                                NEVER be the same.
                                          -The End-

No comments:

Post a Comment